JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Business Advisory Specialist
The Vermont Community Loan Fund (VCLF) is hiring a Business Advisory Specialist to provide resources and assistance in business and financial management as part of VCLF’s Business Advisory Services. This position offers an opportunity to be part of a growing and developing program as VCLF expands its capacity and resources. Work includes conducting one-on-one and group training, and may be conducted on-site with borrowers/potential borrowers. Travel throughout the state is required, as well as some night and weekend work to meet the needs of business owners’ schedules and special events. This position will work closely with internal staff and external clients and partners to improve portfolio performance and help businesses succeed. This position reports to the Technical Assistance and Government Programs Manager (TAGPM).
This position is a 40 hour per week, non-exempt position, with benefits.
Job duties include:
I. Prepare Technical Assistance (TA) Tools
• Develop and maintain tools that facilitate TA delivery, including templates, assessments, and training materials.
• Identify professional resources and services.
II. Provide Business Advisory Services
• Work closely with lenders and loan coordinators to identify and address needs.
• Provide one-on-one and group TA to current and prospective borrowers of VCLF.
• Provide resources and assistance in business and financial management, marketing, and strategic planning.
• Provide a minimum of 1,100 hours of technical assistance annually.
• Document outcomes, hours, and services provided.
III. Develop and Maintain Alliances, Partnerships, and Third Party Resources
• As part of the Technical Assistance Team, work with a variety of organizations to improve TA expertise and delivery, and develop and improve awareness of VCLF products and services.
• Education and/or experience with business financial management principles and methods. Broader knowledge of general business management, such as marketing, operations, etc. helpful.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Resourceful, creative, and curious.
• Able to work independently and collaboratively.
The Vermont Community Loan Fund is a mission-driven lender, creating opportunities that lead to healthy communities and financial stability for all Vermonters. Learn more at investinvermont.org.