We believe that quality early care and education provide an essential foundation for our children's growth and development.We believe that a parent's ability to find quality care is an essential piece of any family's well-being.
Quality facilities are a key component of quality child care, so we provide loans and technical assistance for private, nonprofit, home- and center-based child care providers. We are especially interested in early care and education programs that serve infants and toddlers, children from low- and moderate-income households and children with special needs.
Need more than just a loan? Project SUCCESS provides FREE child care business technical assistance to Vermont child care providers, even if you don't need a loan from VCLF.
Want to make your voice heard? VCLF is the fiscal sponsor for the Vermont Early Childhood Alliance, an advocacy coalition aiming to improve public policy affecting young children in matters of health, safety, food and economic security.
We make loans to child care programs that:
- Operate under the regulations of the Vermont Child Care Licensing Division
- Are licensed centers, or registered and licensed homes (or in process)
- Participate, or plan to participate, in STARS, Vermont's child care quality recognition program
- Improvements to meet Vermont Core Standards, state regulatory requirements or ADA accessibility standards
- Facility purchase
- Facility renovations to improve program quality and increase capacity
- Purchase of equipment and materials
Maximum Loan Amount
- The current maximum loan amount will not exceed $350,000.
Rates and Terms
- Interest rates as low as 5%.
- Term, rate and repayment schedule is project specific and based on project focus, potential for social impact and the strength of your application. Amortization ranges from several months up to 30 years.
- There is an application fee of $25. An origination fee totaling 1% of the total loan amount and a loan documentation fee of $125 are due upon closing. Expenses incurred for the recording of collateral documentation and anticipated discharges of such documentation are also due at closing.
- Collateral is required on fixed assets, inventory and receivables. VCLF may also require security in the form of personal guarantees, collateral on personal assets or a cosigner.
How to Apply
Please contact Becca Schrader, Business Resource Manager, at (802) 223-4424 for more information.