SUpporting Child Care Entrepreneurs with Skills and Strategies
Project SUCCESS is a NO COST program that provides early care and education program directors and owners with a wide range of business consulting and financial management training and support.
You do NOT need to be a VCLF borrower to participate in Project SUCCESS. Project SUCCESS is available to all new and existing child care businesses in Vermont.
We're here to provide you with tools and resources that can help your child care facility to become more profitable and sustainable. If you're starting up a new child care program or expanding an existing one, we can help. We work with both center- and home-based providers who are licensed and registered, and with programs who are interested in becoming licensed or registered.
Promoting your SUCCESS
Whether you're starting a whole new child care program from the ground up, or expanding a program that's already in place, Project SUCCESS can help you with:
- Financial Planning & Budgeting
- Administration: Payroll, Operating & Control Systems, Forms, Reporting
- IT Training: Intuit Quickbooks, MS Office, Minute Menu, Teaching Strategies GOLD
- Facility Design & Layout
- Services & Product Cost Analysis
- Marketing & Market Analysis
- Referrals, Partnerships and External Resources
- Assistance in completing the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) application
- Assistance in completing STARS program application
- Assistance in ADM budgeting...and more!
Project SUCCESS will come right to you!
Whether you're in the process of planning a new child care center, or considering how to improve or expand an existing one, our Business Development Specialist will meet with you at your home or center, or at the Project SUCCESS offices located at the Vermont Community Loan Fund in downtown Montpelier, at a time that's convenient for you. We're flexible; we know you're busy!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this program just for licensed centers?
No. We work with licensed and registered programs, as well as folks who are looking to learn more about becoming licensed and registered.
- I'm busy running my daycare all day. How can I find the time to meet with Project SUCCESS?
We get it. Our Business Development Specialist is available on your schedule, nights and weekends included. We'll meet with you at a time and place that's convenient for you, wherever, whenever you like.
- Are Project SUCCESS and the Vermont Community Loan Fund state agencies or programs?
No. Neither Project SUCCESS nor the Vermont Community Loan Fund (VCLF) is a state agency or program. Project SUCCESS is a private program, administered by VCLF. VCLF is an independent, nonprofit lender with a mission to support important sectors in Vermont, including quality early care and education.
- Who has access to my financial information?
Financial materials received by Project SUCCESS remain confidential and are not disclosed to other agencies.
- Is there a fee/cost?
No. This program is completely free of charge, and available to any Vermont early care and education program
What are people saying about Project SUCCESS? Read some client testimonials!
Important Links for Child Care Providers
- Building Bright Futures
- Child and Adult Care Food Program information
- Let's Grow Kids
- STARS (STep Ahead Recognition System) child care quality assessment
- Vermont Birth to Three
- Vermont Department for Children & Families, Child Development Division
- Vermont Early Childhood Alliance