VCLF's Agritourism Loan Program is a revolving loan fund focused on supporting agricultural enterprises with low-cost capital for agritourism projects.
- Businesses must be owned and operated by Vermont farmers.
- Your business must support agritourism on Vermont's farms.
- You must provide goods and services directly to consumers.
- The majority of your household income must come from agricultural-related sources.
- Projects enhancing on-farm experiences and/or encouraging people visit farms.
- Projects related to increase the safety for guests on farms.
- On-farm and community infrastructure specific to agritourism enterprises: parking, restrooms, accessibility, education, electronic technologies, signage and aesthetics.
Rates and Terms
Terms range from several months to 20 years, are project specific and based on the project need and strength of the proposal. Fixed interest rates start at 3% and vary according to project focus, potential for social impact and the strength of your application.
A $50 application fee is due at the time the loan request is submitted. An origination fee of 1% of the loan amount, a $125 documentation fee and associated filing fees are due upon closing. In some cases, origination and closing fees may be financed.
What if my project has other financing needs?
If your project is greater than $50,000 or is ineligible for Agritourism funding, VCLF also has loan funds available through the Food, Farms & Forests Fund or through our general business loan program.
How to Apply
We encourage you to speak to a loan officer before submitting a loan application.
Please contact Dan Winslow, Loan Coordinator, Business Programs, at (802) 224-9144 for more information.